Association Bordeaux3-UTPA

Forum de l'association

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

some plans for the semester (spring 2007)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amandine G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Sun 21 Jan - 22:56

e-mail sent to everyone on 01/21/2007:

Hola Amigos!!!!

Hope you had a good weekend!! Well I just wanted to let u know about some plans we are thinking about carrying out soon!!

-On February 10th (it's a saturday) there is going to be a soccer game downtown! Bordeaux team vs Marseille team. It's a 1st league game, and both teams are pretty good! Bordeaux is currently ranked #8 and Marseille ranked #3. So well if you want to see a French soccer game, send me an e-mail so that we can know how many tickets to buy. They should cost like 12 or 15 euros. It is going to be at 8pm.

-The first Saturday of the holidays (February 17th) we would like to show you the Pays Basque in the South of France! (Pais Vasco) We could maybe take the train early in the morning and go back to Bordeaux at night, or go by car (if we can find enough cars), and spend the day there. The train ticket should cost like 50 euros...it is pretty expensive, so the best solution would be to go by car but we still need to see if we have enough cars...so let me know already if you think you are interested or not!

-Then, in April (probably on April 28th) an afternoon should be organized downtown for you to discover and taste the wine of Bordeaux! You may have already heard about it, it is a project that some students would like to carry out for their class, and it is offered to some international students of the university. This project is not very fixed yet but hopefully everything goes well!! I'll keep you up informed with that.

Here are the plans so far! Just to let you know..! And concerning the soccer game, send me an e-mail to tell me if you are interested!!

And if you have any other idea of plans we could organize, don't hesitate to let us know!!

Amandine

Last edited by on Fri 20 Apr - 17:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Sat 27 Jan - 0:52

Concerning the 'wine discovery', I just got an e-mail from the girls in charge of the project who told me the project seemed to be working good!
According to them, it will be offered to about 60 international students only, but you will have priority!! Wink you should be able to 'register' in March for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Sun 25 Mar - 20:22

Bad New! Sad Concerning the wine discovery, the girls just sent me an e-mail explaining that, because of a lack of time, they will unfortunately not be able to give concrete expression to their project....
I am really sorry about that, knowing that some of you were pretty much interested in it....

As for now, we are quite busy with the exams but we'll try to organize some other things as soon as possible!!

Last edited by on Fri 20 Apr - 22:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Fri 30 Mar - 23:10

e-mail sent to everyone on 03/30/2007:

Salut tout le monde!!

I hope you are all doing good, despite all of the exams approaching....! :-S
I've talked to Oscar and Cecilia today and we had some ideas for the association that we could carry out:

-a day in the wineyards: to visit a chateau and taste some wine, maybe go to a good restaurant as well in the Médoc area

-and a day at the beach: Bassin d'Arcachon or Pays Basque

We thought that we could do that between May 3rd and May 10th, probably on May 5th and 6th which is a weekend. So I would like to know:

-if you are free on May 5th and 6th
-what other days you could be free between May 3rd and May 10th
-where you would prefer to go: Bassin d'Arcachon or Pays Basque
(knowing that if we go to le Bassin d'Arcacon we can do it in one day, and if we go to le Pays Basque, we could sleep in a hotel there)

As for transportation, I think we could go with our cars! Wink

->So could you please send me an e-mail as quick as possible (before Monday or Tuesday) to tell me what you think about everything??

(Even if you are not interested, please send me an e-mail so that we can know!!)

I do hope that you can all come and we'll do our best to organize a great great trip for all of us !!!! Wink Wink For now, HaVe A rEaLlY nIcE wEeKeNd and please write back as soon as you can!!!

BiSeS !! Smile

Amandine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Fri 20 Apr - 17:14

e-mail sent to everyone on 04/20/2007

Want to taste some French Wine??

Hi Everyone !!!

I hope you're having nice holidays!!

If you are interested, we offer you to visit a "chateau" on Tuesday May 8th! (this day is a day off in France, so there is no classes!)

The chateau is in the Medoc area (north of Bordeaux) which is probably the most famous French area for wine, and you will have the opportunity to see how wine is produced and to taste some of it!

I have already made a reservation to visit "Chateau Aney" at 2:30pm. The visit is free, and you can taste some wine as well for free.
But you also have the possibility to taste some other French specialties (like cheese) at the end, but in this case you'll have to pay 5,50 euros.
At the end there is a little shop where you can buy some wine that they produce

If you want, I can also make a reservation to visit another Chateau which produces a more prestigious wine, which is quite famous: Chateau Lynch Bages. The chateau is bigger and more famous, but the visit and tasting of wine cost 4 or 5 euros.

So could you please copy/paste what follows and send it to me back in an e-mail? So that I can know who want to come and if I need to make a reservation for Lynch Bages, too!! (for this chateau I need to make a reservation in the next few days, so please send me the e-mail as soon as you can!)

Cecilia and I will be able to come pick you up with our cars. So unfortunately we can only carry 8 of you...so if you have friends who have cars as well and are interested to come, they are very welcome!!

ps: the visits are in French but we'll be there to translate Wink

Thank uuuu!!

Amandine

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Name:

Chateau Aney:

-visit + tasting of wine (FREE) - YES/NO
or
-visit + tasting of wine + tasting of other French specialties (5,50 euros) - YES/NO

Would you like to visit Chateau Lynch Bages as well? (4 or 5 euros) YES/NO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Sun 29 Apr - 16:29

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amandine G

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   Wed 9 May - 0:11

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some plans for the semester (spring 2007)   

Back to top Go down

some plans for the semester (spring 2007)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1